Senior Purchasing Manager - SingaporeApply now
Procter & Gamble's Purchases discipline is part of the Product Supply function and has the unique responsibility for developing and executing the sourcing strategies for the Company's multi-billion dollar goods and services purchases needed to produce world-class consumer products. As a Purchases professional, your goal is to link the most appropriate supplier capabilities with our business needs and contribute to delivering the best shareholder return. Your everyday work will consist of using a vast array of technical, analytical, and commercial skills to:
- Analyze markets. Spot and exploit emerging trends and technologies
- Uncover business-building ideas and cost-saving opportunities
- Strike deals through negotiation or lead competitive bidding
- Build effective working relationships with suppliers, and
- Build and capitalize on new methodologies such as e-marketplaces. Purchases people are P&G's lifeline to the world of suppliers, translating the needs of our business in a way that enables, inspires, and invites our supply base to partner with us in providing products and services of superior quality and value that improve the lives of the world's consumers.
As the experienced manager in the team, you are responsible for:
- Strategic sourcing for External Supply Solutions in Japan for categories such as: Fabric Care, Home Care and Baby Care
- Bring in deep commercial understanding and technical knowledge of purchasing skills of relevant industry and Japanese business partner relationship management skills.
- Purchasing skills includes sourcing strategy development, sourcing strategy executions including negotiation and commercial agreement, analytic skills including industry/market, supplier and macro-economy, as well as strong accountability to handle compliance.
- High standard of Internal/External Business Partner Relationship Management skill and Developmental Purchasing skills (Confidentiality, Intellectual Property, Risk, Guarantee, Licensing) are required. This role also requires manufacturing process knowledge to lead technical collaboration with Multifunctional team including Product Supply, Operations, Research & Development and Legal/Patent/ Tax within and outside of the company.
- Leading and participating as a critical member of a cross-functional team to deliver a new product or technology to market, and creating sourcing strategies to improve the value, availability and technology of raw and pack materials that support our existing and future product lines;
- Driving P&G’s sustainability program by sourcing renewable energy and driving energy conservation; continuously improving P&G’s environmental footprint by finding a second life for our finished products remnants and developing alternate use for our production waste.
- Working with internal P&G partners and with the management of supplier companies to develop and execute commercial and technical agreements that will best meet our business needs, identify and interpret new and emerging requirements that will affect future sourcing strategies, drive cost savings projects to support our annual profit targets, and encourage supplier resourcing of P&G initiatives and projects.
We do all this and more since we strategically source at all ends of the consumer product supply chain. The demand for Purchases expertise has never been higher, and the excitement and opportunities at Procter & Gamble are boundless! We are looking for people with the intellectual capacity, creative intelligence and strategic insight to join our team.
To qualify for this role, you have the following qualities:
- Strong academic credentials - Technical or Management Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering, Operations, Materials, Systems, Applied Mathematics/Statistics, or Information Technology/Computer Science are preferred.
- At least 5-8 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstration of analytical and problem solving skills, interpersonal and team skills, and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Proven strong leadership capabilities and ability to work effectively in a diverse environment
- Strong interest in the commercial and customer aspects of business.
- Strong proficiency in Japanese language and culture as the role requires managing suppliers in Japan Market
Singapore ,Singapore ,Singapore Apply now