Senior Purchasing Manager - SingaporeApply now
P&G serves consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, and Whisper®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and information about P&G and its brands.
Procter & Gamble Purchases is part of the Product Supply function and has the unique responsibility for developing and executing the sourcing strategies for the Company's multi-billion dollar goods and services purchases needed to produce world class consumer products. As a Purchases professional, your goal is to link the most appropriate supplier capabilities with our business needs and contribute to delivering the best shareholder return. Your everyday work will consist of using a vast array of technical, analytical, and commercial skills to:
- Analyze markets
- Spot and exploit emerging trends and technologies
- Uncover business-building ideas and cost-saving opportunities
- Strike deals through negotiation or lead competitive bidding
- Build effective working relationships with suppliers, and
- Create and capitalize on new methodologies such as e-marketplaces.
Purchases people are P&G's lifeline to the world of suppliers, translating the needs of our business in a way that enables, encourages, and invites our supply base to partner with us in providing products and services of superior quality and value that improve the lives of the world's consumers. This role is senior level role in Purchases organization that requires 8-10 years of experience.
- Participating as a critical member of a cross-functional team in Chemicals Spend Pool organizations to deliver a new product to market, and creating sourcing strategies to improve the value, availability and technology of raw and pack materials that support our existing and future product lines;
- Develop sourcing strategy and execute the sourcing activities including negotiation with EBPs (External Business Partners = Suppliers) on commercial conditions and develop contract agreement (MOA).
- Manage EBP relationships with P&G to drive collaboration to deliver Supply Assurance, Cost Saving, Cash Acceleration, etc
- Strictly manage compliance for all the sourcing works with EBPs to comply with P&G sourcing and corporate policies
- Working with internal P&G partners and with the management of supplier companies to develop and execute commercial and technical agreements that will best meet our business needs, identify and interpret new and emerging requirements that will affect future sourcing strategies, drive cost savings projects to support our annual profit targets, and encourage supplier resourcing of P&G initiatives and projects.
- Working hand in hand with technical experts to source materials, to support P&G’s productivity improvements and business expansion.
We do all this and more since we strategically source at all ends of the consumer product supply chain. The demand for Purchases expertise has never been higher, and the excitement and opportunities at Procter & Gamble are boundless! We are looking for people with the intellectual capacity, creative intelligence and strategic insight to join our team.
We believe that this provides the right role and opportunity for building a strong foundation for continued growth. This is usually just as applicable for those entering with other full time experiences. Our roles are flexible enough to provide challenges even for experienced hires and we would expect that their previous experiences will allow them to move quickly deliver results and accept additional challenges.
As this role is for experience hire prior knowledge and experience in following area is must have requirement.
- 8-10 years of purchases experience at the management level.
- Purchases experience for both raw and packaging materials sourcing in FMCG industry.
- Experience in sourcing spend more than $50 million per year.
- Strong analytical skills to drive commercial value in near term as well as long term.
- Good organization skills to navigate his way through large organizations by taking full ownership of the outcome while utilizing proactive thinking and in-depth knowledge.
- Create climate of trust to work through challenging business needs while managing EBP expectations.
- Track record of developing strong supplier relationship to drive long-term value creation for the company
Singapore ,Singapore ,Singapore Apply now