Information Technology - Senior Data Scientist - SingaporeApply now
Data Scientists at P&G creates algorithms / Analytic IP targeted at transforming P&G strategic decisions and operations by bringing advanced analytics and cognitive science into our core work processes. This Corporate IT group members are accountable for understanding the wicked problems in organization, creating new algorithms & advanced predictive & statistical models to solve identified problems and partner with other IT professionals to embed the models into new systems of activity that create measurable business value. These professionals will need a combination of business focus, strong analytical and problem solving skills and programming knowledge to be able to quickly cycle hypothesis through the discovery phase of the project all the way to scaling. Excellent written and communications skills to report back the findings in a clear, structured manner are required.
Senior Data Scientist should lead the above-mentioned work to achieve business goals, including engagement with business leaders for problem identification, recommending data sources inside or outside of P&G to resolve problems, and advising junior team members on technical aspects of modeling.
Senior Data Scientists at P&G Are:
- Technically Capable: you will be expected to “get your hands dirty”, leveraging big data platforms and analytic tools to grasp the business building insights. As Senior Data Scientist, you will be expected to recommend strategic investment into various analytic platforms. You will also evaluate available data sources and propose strategic acquisition or creation of new data sources to assist ongoing problem resolution. You will work with IT teams to support data collection, integration, and retention requirements based on the input collected with the business.
- Passionate about Analytics: you will work in multi-functional teams to evaluate business activities, and then develop innovative and effective approaches to solve team’s analytics problems and communicate results and methodologies. You will work in iterative processes with the multi-functional team and validate findings. You will identify and / or create appropriate algorithms to resolve the problems, design experiments to validate initial assumptions and provide scenario modeling as required.
- Business Leaders: you will lead discovery processes with business stakeholders to identify business requirements and expected outcomes. You will be expected to model and frame business scenarios that are meaningful and which impact critical business processes and decisions. You are expected to be effective communicator, self-motivated, and able to drive insights into actions that improve P&G’s business results. Business and domain knowledge, interpersonal /communication skills are therefore a must to thrive in a multifunctional leadership team. Your job is to communicate complex data or algorithms into simple conclusions that will empower leadership to drive action based on the insights you derive. As Senior Data Scientist, you will also be expected to empower junior team members and provide ongoing coaching.
- Have Master’s Degree or PHD level qualifications. Preferred (but not a requirement) disciplines include; Operations Research, Economic Theory, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science;
- Have at least 5+ years of experience as Analyst, Lead Developer in BI systems, or Data Scientist with proven record of embedding advanced analytical models into business processes;
- Possess strong technical skills, comfortable with SQL, R and/or Python and having a strong understanding of mathematical background of various modeling approaches;
- Strong leadership record, exhibiting both ability to engage clients and lead a team;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to influence others to take action
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and possess thinking/problem-solving skills which can be applied to business processes with a "can-do" attitude
Singapore ,Singapore ,Singapore Apply now