R&D Laboratory Science Internship - Greater London Innovation Centre - ReadingApply now
Are you curious about the chemistry and technology behind big brands like Gillette and Venus?
If yes, then an R&D Laboratory Science Internship with P&G could be what you're looking for. At our Innovation Centre in Reading we are looking for Laboratory Assistants to support our Research & Development department.
Starting from June/July 2018, we are offering Laboratory Science internships for talented students who have achieved or are currently studying towards a Level 3 qualification (e.g. BTEC OND or A-Levels) up to Level 5 (HND) qualifications in the areas of Chemistry/Biology/Physics/Laboratory Science/Life Sciences/Psychology.
The internship will provide a phenomenal insight into the working world of a laboratory technician at our best-in-class R&D Centre in Reading, Berkshire, where we invent and innovate the next generation of products for P&G’s Male and Female Grooming Products.
If successful you will have the opportunity to join as a permanent, full-time employee with a chance to grow your career as you progress.
What will I be doing?
You will be:
- embedded into one or more project teams, assisting with and leading test procedures to produce reliable and reproducible results, contributing to the overall project’s needs
- documenting and compiling data from various lab experiments for review and interpretation together with your manager/supervisor
- communicating your results and observations to your manager/supervisor and other co-workers
What we offer you:
You will put your technical knowledge and skills to work on intellectually challenging problems, whilst improving your team working and leadership skills through practical experience.
Your Learning & Development will be focused in a number of different ways – through on the job practice & experience, mentoring, coaching and guidance from colleagues, and through formal classroom or online trainings where relevant, for both you and the project(s) you will be working on.
How to apply:
So, if you are passionate about gaining some insight and experience in a leading international company, whilst receiving a competitive salary, please submit your application and attach your most up to date Curriculum Vitae including details of the subjects you have taken, and are currently taking and achieved and predicted grades.
We also encourage all applicants to review the stages in our selection process by going to the ‘Apply’ section of our careers website. Here you can see what we are looking for from candidates and take practice assessments.
Please note: If you are studying towards a degree or already have a degree, we cannot consider your application for this opportunity. However, we have alternative opportunities relevant to university students and graduates so please apply to these requisitions instead.
Dates & duration of internship: We are ideally looking for students who are available from June/July 2018 for up to a maximum of 12 months. Please specify your availability in terms of dates and duration on your application/cover letter.
- Working towards or have achieved a Level 3 qualification (or equivalent, e.g. 3 A-Levels, BTEC) in areas of Chemistry/Biology/Physics/Laboratory Sciences/Life Sciences/Psychology and/or are working towards maximum NVQ Level 5 in one of these subject areas.
- Strong attention to detail and excellence in execution
- Conscientious attitude and takes ownership of their work area
- Collaborative and can work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and skillset
- Good communication skills – both written and verbally
- Good command of the English language
ApplicationDeadline: applications will be reviewed as they come in, and spaces on the assessment day will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis. We therefore encourage interested applicants to submit an application at their earliest convenience.
AssessmentProcess: If you successfully meet the application requirements then you will be invited to an assessment day at the R&D Centre in Reading in May/June. Here, you will have the opportunity to find out more about P&G, and the work that we do here, whilst completing some team and individual exercises to test suitability for the internship placements.
Just so you know:
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. P&G is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, colour, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
- Our people are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unique ideas?
United Kingdom ,England ,Reading Apply now