Quality Assurance - Quality Control Chemist and MicrobiologistApply now
The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and information about P&G and its brands.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working in a GLP lab that is compliant to the most current GMP’s. Candidate will also be collecting analytical and micro samples, analyzing and labeling raw materials, finished goods, micro daily management, and other samples. Perform record keeping and other Quality Control (QC) related responsibilities as directed by the Lab Coordinator.
- Performs raw material, finished goods, intermediate, and development sample analysis according to standard analytical and/or microbiology procedures. Performs routine instrument maintenance and calibration as needed in the course of work.
- Conducts limited instrument troubleshooting and problem diagnosis. Makes judgment based on knowledge and experience as to the accuracy and reliability of results. Observes and identifies problems with results and reports to supervisor. Conducts method development work with direct supervision and guidance from the Lab Coordinator or other staff members. Samples and labels materials as needed according to written procedures or specific instructions. Inspects empty bulk trucks prior to loading and appearance of raw materials during unloading as needed.
- Coordinates work with Production Lead on night and weekend shifts to ensure appropriate prioritization of work.
Successful Candidates will:
- Possess experience and knowledge of basic laboratory operations such as weighing, titrating, microbiology, and preparing volumetric solutions.
- Interpret method procedures and safety instructions using standard chemistry terms and measures.
- Perform routine calculations pertaining to analytical chemistry (e.g. dilution, concentration, test results).
- Have effective verbal and written communication skills with supervisor, other employees, and departments.
- Have the ability to work to work on a rotating, five shift schedule, including weekends. Must be available for overtime and call-in as needed.
- Must have training and experience in order to work safely around complex, analytical instrumentation and apparatus as well as hazardous chemicals in a manner that complies with Safety and QA standards.
- Have graduated with a minimum of A.S. degree in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, or Sciences with a basic knowledge of GMP.
Have experience in a GLP lab would be beneficial, but not required.
Be willing to wear eye protection, ear protection, and safety shoes.
Martinsburg, West Virginia, United States