IT Business Analyst - UKApply now
Business analysts at P&G drive better decision-making and transform how P&G operates by influencing the key strategic decisions of General Management and by embedding analytics into our core work processes. The majority of business analysts are embedded in business teams to stay highly relevant and close to the constantly moving business unit they are in. Analysts are trusted advisors to internal and external decision makers from buyers to P&G’s senior leadership keeping them abreast of current market & competitive dynamics and becoming indispensable partners. Analysts in sales teams will also work externally to partner with our top customers on how to better serve shoppers’ needs and win in the marketplace. Thus analysts bring competitive advantage in multi-million dollar decisions on a regular basis.
Business Analysts at P&G are:
• Business Leaders: Business Analysts at P&G need to be effective communicators, self-motivated, and able to drive insights into actions that improve P&G’s business results. As usually the single IT leader, business knowledge, passion for winning and interpersonal /communication skills are therefore a must to thrive in a multifunctional leadership team. Your job is to communicate outcome of analyses done using complex data sets or algorithms into simple conclusions that will empower the business team to drive action based on the insights you derive.
• Passionate about Analytics: Analytic skills are the foundation of this role. The ability to mine terabytes of data, derive actionable insights, and then translate those insights into business improving action is critical in our work. As a Business Analyst, you will transform the business to enable better decision-making through the usage of advanced analytics. You will be the business’s primary evangelist for the power of predictive analysis and develop business cases to illustrate the “step-change” in decision-making that occurs when you begin to anticipate what will happen, versus just reflecting on what has occurred.
• Technically Capable: P&G Business analysts “get their hands dirty”, leveraging data visualization (Spotfire), and analytic tools (R, SAS, JMP, KNIME, etc) to model the business building insights in our mountains of data. You should be adept at leveraging such technologies for solving ad hoc “wicked” business problems, innovating on potential future solutions, and working with technology partners to translate your innovations into robust, scaled, analytic solutions.
As a P&G business analyst you will be a part of an award winning community that is Global in scope, and operates across P&G’s core disciplines (Marketing, Sales, Customers, Consumers, Product Supply, etc).
Possible work locations: Weybridge, Harrogate.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Bachelors / Masters in quantitative degree (Statistics, Operation Research, Systems Engineering, Decisions Sciences, Applied Math, Economics etc..)
• Work experience in CPG (FMCG), banking, analytics & or consulting
• Demonstrated success in effective leadership, problem solving and priority setting
• Strong English communication (presentation, written, and listening) skills
• Excellent collaboration skills and the ability to work within diverse organizations and teams
• Desire/passion to transform how decisions are made through ad hoc & scaled application of analytics
• Demonstrated success at deriving insight from data and effectively communicating those insights to drive action
• Strong technical & analytical skill (R, SAS, SQL, optimization, predictive modeling, etc)
Procter & Gamble is an Equal Opportunity Employer
London, England, United Kingdom