Legal Counsel - LGL (India)Apply now
Procter & Gamble’s Business in India (“P&G”) seeks a highly motivated Corporate Lawyer to join P&G
and provide general legal advice regarding its India business operations. The position will be located in P&G India’s
headquarters in Mumbai and will report directly to P&G India’s Legal head for India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Nepal.
As a member of the legal team based in Mumbai, this attorney will work on all legal aspects of P&G’s business
operations in India, as well as provide legal advice and support regarding P&G’s corporate structure and Legal entities
in India. The position will require cross-team collaboration, involve significant contact and coordination with business
clients and other Legal Division colleagues in India and overseas, and will focus on a number of areas, including:
· Advising P&G regarding all matters involving the nearly 3,000 employees based in India, including legal advice
related to: (a) general labor and employment matters; (b) compliance and internal investigations, including those involving
alleged violations of the Company’s Purpose, Values and Principles; (c) employee discipline and departures; and (d)
employee compensation and benefits.
· Advising, drafting and executing all commercial agreements and related commercial transaction work for P&G’s
India based subsidiaries, which involves both internal agreements with other P&G companies as well as agreements with
· Advising P&G regarding all sales, distribution, advertising, Media laws, promotion, labeling, sponsorship Packaging
Law, Competition law and litigation matters in India, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
· Conducting regular training for the organization regarding compliance with laws, regulations and company policies.
· Leading the drafting and execution of documents necessary to operate P&G’s business while maintaining its
corporate structure, such as board resolutions, shareholder resolutions, Powers of Attorney, Letters of Authorization and
similar documents requested by The Procter & Gamble Company subsidiaries worldwide.
· Managing and/or advising the Company on various corporate projects, including corporate restructuring and
acquisition and divestitures affecting P&G’s India based subsidiaries.
Given the significant scope and responsibility for the position, P&G seeks a successful candidate with the following skills
· Law graduate (LL.B) and passed the Bar.
· Five to Seven years of legal experience with a law firm or in-house legal department, preferably with expertise in
commercial and/or corporate law.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and very strong problem-solving skills.
· Capacity to handle a wide variety of responsibilities and competing priorities with accuracy and attention to detail,
with ability and initiative to set priorities and meet deadlines.
· Track record of success in professional and personal activities.
· Proven ability to work as a member of a team.
P&G looks for well-rounded men and women with leadership skills, vision, and energy and offers an outstanding work
environment, along with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Years of Experience (range) – 5 to 7 years legal experience in Corporate and commercial laws