Legal Counsel - LGL - IndiaApply now
The Procter & Gamble India Business
Legal Counsel Role Description
Procter & Gamble’s Business in India (“P&G”) seeks a highly motivated Company Secretary and attorney to join P&G and provide general legal advice regarding its India business operations. The position will be located in P&G India’s headquarters in Mumbai and will report directly to P&G India’s Legal head for India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Nepal.
As a member of the legal team based in Mumbai, this attorney will work on all legal aspects of P&G’s business operations in India, as well as provide legal advice and support regarding P&G’s corporate structure and Legal entities in India. The position will require cross-team collaboration, involve significant contact and coordination with business clients and other Legal Division colleagues in India and overseas, and will focus on a number of areas, including:
· Advising P&G regarding all matters involving the nearly 3,000 employees based in India, including legal advice related to: (a) general labor and employment matters; (b) compliance and internal investigations, including those involving alleged violations of the Company’s Purpose, Values and Principles; (c) employee discipline and departures; and (d) employee compensation and benefits.
· Advising, drafting and executing all commercial agreements and related commercial transaction work for P&G’s India based subsidiaries, which involves both internal agreements with other P&G companies as well as agreements with external parties.
· Advising P&G regarding all sales, distribution, advertising, Media laws, promotion, labeling, sponsorship Packaging Law, Competition law and litigation matters in India, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
· Conducting regular training for the organization regarding compliance with laws, regulations and company policies.
· Ensuring legal compliance for P&G subsidiaries registered in India. Currently, this consists of approximately 9 companies, including two Listed legal entities. This Company Secretary and attorney is expected to be fully conversant with the company secretarial functions like handling Board & Shareholders meetings, manage filing of returns, maintenance of statutory records etc. to ensure compliance with the Company Law and the Securities Laws/Listing Agreement etc.
· Leading the drafting and execution of documents necessary to operate P&G’s business while maintaining its corporate structure, such as board resolutions, shareholder resolutions, Powers of Attorney, Letters of Authorization and similar documents requested by The Procter & Gamble Company subsidiaries worldwide.
· Managing and/or advising the Company on various corporate projects, including corporate restructuring and acquisition and divestitures affecting P&G’s India based subsidiaries.
Given the significant scope and responsibility for the position, P&G seeks a successful candidate with the following skills and experience:
· Associate Member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ACS) and also a law graduate (LL.B) and passed the Bar.
· Seven to ten years of legal experience with a law firm or in-house legal department, preferably with expertise in commercial and/or corporate law.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and very strong problem-solving skills.
· Capacity to handle a wide variety of responsibilities and competing priorities with accuracy and attention to detail, with ability and initiative to set priorities and meet deadlines.
· Track record of success in professional and personal activities.
· Proven ability to work as a member of a team.
P&G looks for well-rounded men and women with leadership skills, vision, and energy and offers an outstanding work environment, along with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Years of Experience (range) – 7 to 10 years experience as a Company Secretary