Paid Internship - STRATEGIC PURCHASING in Geneva - 6 monthsApply now
Do you have a passion for engaging in commercial and relationship activities? You “can smell and close a great deal”? You want to face different challenges every day? Then Strategic Purchases is your place to be!
We spend more than $40 billion/year in goods and services to produce some of the best consumer products in the world. Purchases is one of the critical disciplines within the Product Supply organization and controls the spend on items ranging from raw & packaging materials and equipment to marketing services, software and outsourced manufacturing services, guaranteeing a challenging learning environment across industries and sectors.
You will be the commercial guide at the forefront of supply-chain activities, managing P&G’s expenditure and bringing the outside in. Whether for knowledge, innovation or best practices, you are the eyes and ears of the company, connecting with a variety of industries.
As a Purchasing Intern, you will work with a Purchasing Manager and will be responsible for a spend area and/or a significant project within one of our segments.
These are some examples of what you could work on:
- Analyze sourcing markets and develop market expertise
- Develop sourcing strategies to increase the company’s innovation pipeline, drive cost savings and influence industries to transform themselves
- Negotiate the right deals with the right suppliers for the right reasons
- Treat our suppliers honestly, ethically and fairly. We consider our suppliers as partners in our journey to deliver our renowned products around the world
- Work effectively as an integral member of cross-functional business teams
- Commercialize new technologies and materials beyond the known industries and suppliers together with R&D
- Influence individuals both externally and internally and develop the right relationships to perform the above
We design internships to give students an intensive immersion in the exciting corporate environment we work in.
To do this, you will be entrusted with a live business project to lead, own and execute.
As we know this is challenging, we make sure that each intern receives a customized learning plan to ensure they get the right levels of coaching, mentorship and formal training as they deliver their work.
Most exciting of all is that a successful completion of the internship may lead to a permanent position in our Organization.
If you are a student with strong dedication to lead, hunger to learn, ability to overcome barriers, passion to win and an interest in pursuing a career at P&G – this internship is for you.
- Strong interest in the commercial aspects of business
- Real passion for learning and applying skills to deliver business results
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication & collaboration skills
- Strong English verbal and writing skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Own responsibilities and project leadership as of day 1
- Dynamic, Diverse, International and Flexible working environment
·Housing support: we provide you with a furbished accommodation in Geneva at a convenient rate, co-located with many other interns/new hires (applicable only if you currently live >75km from Geneva).
·Round trip ticket to Geneva, subsidized meals in our canteen, free public transport in Geneva, on-site gym, company store, on-site hair salon, sports teams and “new-hire network” are among the many benefits.
Please note that to be eligible for an internship you need to
be a student for the major length of your internship or, if you are taking a
gap year between the Bachelor and Master, this gap should not exceed 12 months.
- Just apply via clicking the button below
- Have your CV in English ready to attach (include examples of the challenging experiences you have had both within and outside academia)
- Attach a summary of your latest grades
- Please note individual attachments cannot be larger than 500 KB
Procter & Gamble is an Equal Opportunity Employer #WeSeeEqual #LikeAGirl #P&G #GABLE
Switzerland ,Geneva ,Geneva Apply now