Management - Associate Legal Counsel - UAEApply now
For over 175 years, Procter & Gamble has created some of the world’s most successful brands, including Ariel®, Tide®, Pantene®, Pampers®, and Gillette®.
The Associate Legal Counsel will provide advice on a breadth of legal topics to the business across the geographic area of the Arabian Peninsula (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, and Yemen), supporting the Selling & Marketing Organization and especially the HR function. The role is based in P&G’s regional office in Dubai.
- General legal support across multiple legal entities in the UAE and Saudi Arabia.
- Support the HR, Sales, Marketing, and Finance organizations in the respective activities.
- Drafting recommendations for clients across the business, which includes contracts, labor issues, anti-trust, pricing, promotional activities, consumer protection, and stewardship.
- Advising on corporate compliance – FCPA, local laws, and company policies.
- Advising on privacy, cybersecurity, and IT laws and policies.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of contracts, including distribution (key focus area), purchase, promotions, talent, media, IP, and agency agreements.
- Managing outside counsel on litigation; focus on brand protection, IP, customs, and labor matters.
- Manage corporate secretarial duties.
- Deliver trainings on anti-bribery, anti-trust, privacy, digital, marketing, IP, labor laws and policies across the organization and plants.
- Work on strategic projects as part a cross-functional project team.
- Keeps up to date on relevant changes in laws, with occasional external engagement.
- A qualified lawyer with 2-4 years PQE working experience
- A corporate/commercial background
- In-house corporate experience
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Fluent in Arabic (written and spoken)
- The role requires occasional travel in the region.
- Required Basic Skills:
oProblem solving and solutions oriented mindset especially during issues
oCommunication skills and ability to work in teams and under pressure
oAbility to manage sites remotely
Note: Experience is not required for LLM degree holders.
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates