Security Engineer – Malware/Threat ManagementApply now
The Security Engineer - Malware / Threat Management is responsible for the management, detection and analysis support that enables global incident response and security operations and forensics. Additionally, the Security Engineer - Malware / Threat Management is also responsible for developing and maintaining threat monitoring capabilities used by the Security Operations Center (SOC) team.
The position requires experience analyzing malware and other related cyber threats and implementing and maintaining security and analysis solutions for large enterprises, with knowledge on large scale threat analysis of event data from commercial and open source infrastructure technology platforms.
Development of Threat and Security Incident monitoring capabilities
• Threat intelligence gathering
• Reverse Engineering
• Design, deploy and maintaining global event monitoring and incident response tools/technologies and processes.
• Implementing and supporting IOC, SIEM and related security products
• Participating in Security Incident response investigation requests and handle escalations for active incidents
• Creating and maintaining documentation such as scripts (python, perl, ruby) and knowledge base and how-to articles, etc.
Policies, Standards and Procedures
• Exhibit a broad knowledge of security compliance and auditing frameworks and apply those to formulate policies, procedures and standards.
• Conducting security reviews, risk analysis, and controls reviews in adherence to security policy
• Auditing support and artifact documentation for ISO27001, PCI, SOC1 & SOC2 audit frameworks
Technical Competencies and Experience:
Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience in the following:
• Experience in cyber threat hunting, data analysis, and configuration of security monitoring platforms
• Strong analytical skills and ability to identify advanced threats
• Demonstrated ability to script and reverse engineer
• Experience implementing and supporting IOC, SIEM and related security products
• Strong Windows, Linux and Cisco hardening skills
• Experience working with Mobile OS platforms (Android, IOS)
• Experience with security policy creation and compliance auditing
• Experience translating security policies into technical security controls or measures
• Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements and identify gaps
• Certifications from one or more of the following organizations: SANS, ISC2, EC-Council
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical/IT field and/or at least 5 years of relevant IT experience.
• Available to work off hours during the evenings and weekends as required, sometimes with little advanced notice.
• All Information Security roles required CISSP certification. Candidates without the certification must be willing and able to pass the exam within the first 15 months of the role. P&G provides study preparation and exam cost coverage.
• Role requires working from the Procter & Gamble headquarters location in Cincinnati, Ohio.
United States ,Ohio ,Cincinnati Apply now