Purchases ManagerApply now
Procter & Gamble Purchases has the unique responsibility for developing and executing the sourcing strategies for the Company's multi-billion dollar goods and services purchases needed to produce world class consumer products. As a professional buyer, your everyday work will consist of using a vast array of technical, analytical, and commercial skills to:
- analyze markets
- spot and exploit emerging trends
- uncover business-building ideas and cost-saving opportunities
- commercialize emerging technologies
- build effective working relationships with suppliers, and
- create and capitalize on new methodologies such as e-marketplaces.
Your goal at the end of the day is to link the most appropriate supplier capabilities with needs to deliver the best shareholder return.
Purchases people are P&G's lifeline to the world of suppliers, translating the needs of our business in a way that enables, encourages, and invites our supply base to partner with us in providing products and services of superior quality and value that improve the lives of the world's consumers.
As a new part of the Purchases team, your early assignments may find you:
- Participating as a critical member of a cross-functional team in one of our Global Business Units or Spend Pool organizations to deliver a new product or technology to market, and creating sourcing strategies to improve the value, availability and technology of materials that support our existing product lines;
- Evaluating our current approaches and proposing improvements to help our Global Business Services organizations deliver improved customer service and value to P&G employees around the world;
- Partnering with Marketing and Customer Business Development resources in our Market Development Organizations to improve our efficiency and effectiveness at reaching P&G customers and consumers with the products and messages that enable us to win on the store shelf again and again;
- Working with internal P&G customers and with the management of supplier companies to resolve economic and supply availability issues that affect our business plans, identify and interpret new and emerging customer requirements that will affect future sourcing strategies, drive cost savings projects to support our annual profit targets, and encourage supplier resourcing of P&G initiatives and projects.
We do all this and more since we strategically source at all ends of the consumer product supply chain. The demand for Purchases expertise has never been higher, and the excitement and opportunities at Procter & Gamble are boundless! We are looking for people with the intellectual capacity, creative intelligence and strategic insight to join our team.
Starting locations are at the Cincinnati General Offices and Business Centers.
Hiring in Purchases is normally done at the entry level. We believe that this provides the right role and opportunity for building a strong foundation for continued growth. This is usually just as applicable for those entering with other full time experiences. Our roles are flexible enough to provide challenges even for experienced hires and we would expect that their previous experiences will allow them to move quickly deliver results and accept additional challenges.
Bachelors or Masters Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States