Design Manager - Co-opApply now
Are you looking for an experience in a world class design studio? As a Design Co-op, you would be responsible for creating exceptional design solutions that support the brand strategy and business objectives.
All of our co-op roles will include hands on design along with envisioning, inspiring, and creating solutions for packaging, product and digital.
What roles are available?
1. Brand Expression Co-Op: The Brand Expression role creates, owns, and oversees a brand’s iconic expression through the heritage, purpose, and strategic equities of the brand. Brand Expression Co-Ops inspire the business, multi-functional teams, and design agencies to think differently. An important part of this role is working closely with the brand’s design agency and creative leaders to deliver distinctive, memorable, and relevant design language and impactful strategies for the brand. You will have the opportunity to work on global brands with global impact and see your work influence the business or even come to life on shelf. PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES: Graphic Design, Fashion Design, Textile Design
2. Innovation Design Co-Op: The Innovation Design role is a developer of package, device, and delivery systems ranging from ground breaking innovations to reinventing key products. You will partner with engineers and technologists to deliver P&G’s innovation pipeline - building a competitive advantage for our Brands and P&G. The position requires the ability to work through all parts of the design process, from brainstorming and ideation, deep consumer insight, to prototyping and execution. Design thinking, project management and collaboration with multi-functional teams are an important part of this role. PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES: Industrial Design
3. Digital Design Co-Op: The Digital Design role is a creator of stories, using video and still content to help bring to life product innovations. You will partner with engineers and technologists to help communicate product benefits and superiority – to help consumers and customers realize the key advantages our Brands have at P&G. The position requires the ability to use skill sets such as design thinking, project management, graphic design, storytelling, videography, 3D/2D motion graphics, compositing, and video editing to create engaging videos and still imagery for our brands. These designers will need to be very hands on and organized by working with multifunctional teams to ideate, storyboard, and execute their vision. PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES: Digital Design, Motion Design, VFX Design, Media Design
If you’re a good fit, you will be:
- Attending a design university/college with a major in design
- Graphic design co-ops are expected to be familiar with Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat)
- Industrial design co-ops are expected to be familiar with CAD or rendering software (e.g. Alias, Rhino, Solid Works, or Freeform for Industrial Designers)
- A competitive portfolio including design mastery and the ability to solve problems using design skills as shown in a competitive portfolio.
If you’re a really good fit, you’ll have:
- A keen eye and attention to detail.
- Collaboration/interdependence skills through past examples.
- Examples of discipline, time and project management skills.
- Use of empathy and non-linear thinking: Must be able to see the consumer as a person and ideate solutions with the consumer in mind.
Prior to an interview:
Assessment: P&G uses online assessments to measure skills and abilities that generally do not emerge from interviews. These assessments are critical as they help determine if you possess the competencies needed to be successful at P&G.
PEAK Performance Assessment (Online)
Assesses your background, experiences, interests and work-related attitudes, and measures your compatibility against P&G competencies for defining successful job performance.
- Online delivery allows 24/7 access to the assessment
- Take as much time as you need to complete – most applicants take about 20 minutes to complete
- Available in over 20 languages
Just so you know:
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor
- No immigration sponsorship is available for this position
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed
Formal Title: Design Brand Expression Design Intern, Innovation Design Intern, or Digital Design Intern
Qualifies for Overtime: No
Boston, Massachusetts Apply now