Data Scientist Manager - Information TechnologyApply now
Data Scientists at P&G are Business Leaders: As a Data Scientist, you will transform the business to enable better decision-making through the usage of advanced analytics. To be successful a data scientist needs to be an effective communicator, self-motivated, and able to drive insights into actions that improve P&G’s business results. Your Business knowledge, interpersonal/communication skills are therefore a must to thrive in a multi-functional leadership team. Passionate about Analytics: Your analytic skills are the foundation of this role. The ability to connect and explore large data-sets, build predictive and descriptive models, and translate insights into business improving action is critical in our work.
Technically Capable: As a P&G Data Scientist, you will “get your hands dirty”, leveraging artificial intelligence, data visualization, and analytic tools (R, Python, Scala, Spark, Hadoop, KNIME, etc.) to unlock business building insights in our mountains of data. You should be adept at leveraging such technologies for solving ad hoc business problems, innovating on potential future solutions, and working with technology partners to translate your innovations into robust, scaled, analytic solutions.
As a P&G Data Scientist, you will be:
1) Be creative and relentless problem-solver using Big Data and Advanced analytics skill alongside leadership and direct engagement of business leaders.
2) Design research and analytic frameworks in the context of overall project objectives such as (but not limited to) media effectiveness, consumer engagement, P&G business model, optimization, etc.
3) Execute research and analytics, including data sources identification, processing, model/algorithm development, turning insights into actionable recommendation, presenting actionable recommendation and drive actions to business value creation.
4) Collaborate actively and effectively with other functions partners and senior management to accomplish project objectives.
5) Participate in and lead P&G analytic capability building program.
Click “Apply Online” to start the application process. Don’t Delay, offers are made on a rolling basis!
IT at P&G
Information Technology (IT) at Procter & Gamble is where business, innovation and technology integrate to create a competitive advantage for P&G. Our mission is clear -- we deliver IT to help P&G win with consumers. P&G IT professionals are diverse business leaders who apply IT mastery to deliver game-changing, technology-driven business models and capabilities. Whether your role is to create an IT innovation strategy for a business, protect our critical information systems and assets, or manage a strategic supplier in our cutting-edge shared services organization, your technical mastery will be recognized and rewarded. Your passion for the industry will be further cultivated by our culture of continued learning and growth as an IT professional. A career in IT builds change leadership and influence skills, breadth of experience across multiple businesses, and depth of expertise in areas like Application & Integration, Infrastructure, Data& Analytics, and Security & Risk.
We are looking for leaders with Master's degree or Ph.D. in a quantitative field (Operation Research, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Applied Math, Statistics, Analytics, etc.) or equivalent work experience.
Candidates should have:
Minimum 5 years of work experience in Data Science field
The ability to demonstrate leadership in applying analytic techniques to deliver actionable insights from data
Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence others to take action
Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities
Excellent collaboration skills and the ability to work within diverse organizations and teams
These individuals should have 2 or more of the following specialties and experience with analytical tools/applications:
Specialties/Area of Research:
- Bayesian Analysis, Bayesian Decision Theory
- Probabilistic Modeling and Computation
- Machine Learning, including Deep Learning
- Uncertainty Quantification,
- Optimization (global, local, stochastic methods)
- Dynamic (state-space) Models (Kalman Filter, Data Assimilation)
- Experimental Design
- Model Reduction, Dimensionality Reduction
Experience with Analytical Tools/Applications:
- Big Data Ecosystem: Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, SQL, Hive
- Scientific Computing: R, Python, C++, Java, Scala,
- High-Performance Parallel and Distributing Computing
- Data Visualization
- Data Management Systems
- Business Intelligence tools: such as KNIME, Tableau, Spotfire
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States