Associate Data Science Manager - PhDApply now
Do you like to design research and analytic frameworks? How would you like to turn on your creative genius and problem-solving alongside business leadership? If this sounds like fun, we are looking for someone with your skills and abilities.
As an Associate Data Scientist, you will be using Big Data and advanced analytics to direct the engagement of our business leaders. You will be collaborating actively across functional partners and senior management to accomplish various project objectives. We need someone who can execute research and analytics, including data source identification, processing, model/algorithm development. Ultimately you will be turning insights into actionable recommendations which will drive business value creation.
You need to be technically capable as an Associate Data Science Manager. You will get your hands dirty in the data, leveraging artificial intelligence and analytic tools (R, Python, Scala, Spark, Hadoop, KNIME, etc.) to unlock business building insights in our mountains of data. You will need to be adept at leveraging such technologies for solving ad hoc business problems, innovating on potential future solutions, and working with technology partners to translate your innovations into robust, scaled, analytic solutions.
At P&G, Data Scientists are Business Leaders. You need to be an effective communicator, self-motivated, and able to drive insights into actions that improve P&G’s business results. Your Business knowledge, interpersonal/communication skills are therefore a must to thrive in a multi- functional leadership team.
We need someone who is passionate about analytics. Your analytic skills are the foundation of this role. The ability to mine terabytes of data, derive actionable insights, and then translate those insights into business improving action is critical in our work. You will need to be the primary evangelist to the business for the power of predictive analysis and develop business cases to illustrate the potential for change in decision-making that occurs when you begin to anticipate what will happen, versus just reflecting on what has occurred.
We are looking for leaders who are pursuing or have graduated with a PhD in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Data Science, Business Analytics, Operation Research, Software Development, or a similar quantitative field.
If you are a good fit for the Associate Data Science Manager position, you will have:
- Demonstrated leadership in applying and scaling Analytic techniques to deliver actionable insights from data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence others to take action
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities
- Comfortable working with diverse business scenarios and possessing strong thinking/problem-solving skills that can be applied to business processes with a "can-do" attitude
- Strong enthusiasm and curiosity about the intersection of business and technology
Preferred Specialties/Area of Research:
- Bayesian Analysis, Bayesian Decision Theory
- Probabilistic Modeling and Computation
- Machine Learning, including Deep Learning
- Uncertainty Quantification
- Optimization (global, local, stochastic methods)
- Dynamic (state-space) Models (Kalman Filter, Data Assimilation)
- Experimental Design
- Model Reduction, Dimensionality Reduction
Preferred Experience with Analytical Tools/Applications:
- Big Data Ecosystem: Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, SQL, Hiv
- Scientific Computing: R, Python, C++, Java, Scala,
- High-Performance Parallel and Distributing Computing
- Deep Learning frameworks: Keras, Tensorflow
- Data Visualization
- Data Management Systems
- Business Intelligence tools: such as KNIME, Tableau
Just so you know:
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
- Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
United States ,Ohio ,Cincinnati Apply now