Strategic Purchasing - Purchasing Manager in Brussels - Belgium (m/f)Apply now
Procter& Gamble spends more than $40 billion/year in goods and services to produce some of the best consumer products in the world. Purchases is one of the critical disciplines within the Product Supply organization and controls the Company's spend on items ranging from raw & packaging materials and equipment to marketing services, software and outsourced manufacturing services, guaranteeing a challenging learning environment across industries and sectors. Purchases is based in several hubs across Europe, typically co-located with key customers in Headquarters or Innovation Centers.
P&G’s Strategic Sourcing leaders are commercial experts found at the forefront of supply-chain activities, managing P&G’s expenditure and bringing the outside in. Whether for knowledge, innovation or best practices, Purchases people are the eyes and ears of the company, connecting with a variety of industries.
As a new manager in Purchases you can expect to be responsible for managing an expenditure ranging anywhere between $20-100 million/year. In doing so, P&G will count on you to:
- Analyze sourcing markets and develop market expertise
- Develop sourcing strategies to increase the company’s innovation pipeline, drive cost savings and influence industries to transform themselves
- Negotiate the right deals with the right suppliers for the right reasons
- Treat our suppliers honestly, ethically and fairly. We consider our suppliers as partners in our journey to deliver the best consumer products around the world
- Work effectively as an integral member of cross-functional business teams
- Commercialize new technologies and materials beyond the known industries and suppliers together with R&D
- Influence individuals both externally and internally, developing the right relationships to perform the above
As you develop within the organization, you will grow to manage different spend areas, increase your responsibilities in terms of both expenditure and people management, and become responsible for some of P&G’s biggest and most important supplier and innovation activities. You will liaise with different internal functions on a daily basis and we guarantee that no day of the year is the same as the next.
We are looking for you if you have:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree (variety of degrees are held by Purchasing leaders ranging from Political Sciences to Engineering and Business degrees)
- Strong interest in the commercial aspects of business
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication & collaboration skills
- Fluency in English
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong personal drive
Opportunities exist for experienced (typically 1-2 years) and inexperienced applicants.
Procter & Gamble is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Brussels, Brussels-Capital Region, Belgium