Strategic Purchasing - Internships in Belgium (m/f)Apply now
Procter& Gamble spends more than $40 billion/year in goods and services to produce some of the best consumer products in the world. Purchases is one of the critical disciplines within the Product Supply organization and controls the Company's spend on items ranging from raw & packaging materials and equipment to marketing services, software and outsourced manufacturing services, guaranteeing a challenging learning environment across industries and sectors. Purchases is based in several hubs across Europe, typically co-located with key customers in Headquarters or Innovation Centers.
P&G’s Strategic Sourcing leaders are commercial experts found at the forefront of supply-chain activities, managing P&G’s expenditure and bringing the outside in. Whether for knowledge, innovation or best practices, Purchases people are the eyes and ears of the company, connecting with a variety of industries.
As a Purchasing Intern, you will be working with a Purchasing Manager and will be responsible for a spend area and/or a significant project within one of our segments. In doing so, P&G will count on you to:
- Analyze sourcing markets and develop market expertise
- Develop sourcing strategies to increase the company’s innovation pipeline, drive cost savings and influence industries to transform themselves
- Negotiate the right deals with the right suppliers for the right reasons
- Treat our suppliers honestly, ethically and fairly. We consider our suppliers as partners in our journey to deliver the best consumer products around the world
- Work effectively as an integral member of cross-functional business teams
- Commercialize new technologies and materials beyond the known industries and suppliers together with R&D
- Influence individuals both externally and internally and develop the right relationships to perform the above
You will have the opportunity to attend some of P&G’s dedicated training programs throughout your internship.
If engaging in commercial and relationship activities is your passion, if you “can smell and close a great deal”, if you want to face different challenges every day, then Strategic Purchases is your place to be!
Please note that in order to be eligible for an internship you need to be a student for the major length of your internship or, if you are taking a gap year between the Bachelor and Master, this gap should not exceed 12 months maximum.
We are looking for you if you have:
- Strong interest in the commercial aspects of business
- Passion for learning and applying skills to deliver business results
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication & collaboration skills
- Fluency in English
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong personal drive
- Ideally 6-12 months availability
Brussels, Brussels-Capital Region, Belgium